Make The Decision
Weight loss can be very complicated, but it will be easier for you to accomplish your weight loss goal if you have fully decided to dedicate yourself to lose weight. You have to truly want to lose weight, not just say you’d like to lose weight, but truly decide within yourself, that you are going to do this!
When I was pregnant, I did not try to control my eating. I just enjoyed my pregnancies! The first time I gained 65 extra pounds and followed that up with a weight gain of 100 pounds! It sounds nuts, but I LOVE to eat and stress can put many pounds on me! In order to get this extra weight off, I followed the Weight Watchers Program. I am very busy and did not have time to join Weight Watchers and follow up with the weekly meetings. I simply bought the Weight Watchers guides for basic foods and the one for restaurant choices. I started by reading through these guides and selecting the foods I normally eat and writing down all their point values. For example, when I first started Weight Watchers I was allowed 26 points a day and one pack of Poptarts was 10 points! This was my daily breakfast and was costing me almost half of my allowed food per day!
After I realized that I was really eating the wrong foods for the Weight Watchers Program, I went through the books skimming the foods that had low point values such as the 100 calorie mini bags of popcorn. I couldn’t eat popcorn for breakfast, but for a snack, the whole bag would only cost me 1 point.
5 Steps To Help You Get Started On Your Weight Loss Journey
1. Make a point to tell your family and friends that you are serious about wanting to lose weight and you would appreciate their help with restaurant and everyday meal selections.
2. Clean out your cabinets. I’m not saying to start tossing everything out, but make the meals now that you’d rather not eat once on you start the Weight Watchers Program. Also, make that cake or pan of brownies that you feel the immediate craving for. I have to get my craving out of the way, so I can start my diet with only positive thoughts and not brownies on the mind! If you have children you still need to have goodies around, but try buying them goodies that aren’t particularly your favorites.
3. Purchase Weight Watcher food guides and a PointsPlus value Calculator from Weight Watchers. You can also join Weight Watchers Online and purchase the books there.
4. Use the Points Calculator to check points of the food in your cabinets and use a sharpie to label each item. You will find many items that you may want to stay away from for awhile.
5. Stock up on the low point snacks. It will be hard to cut down on your food intake at first and these low point snacks will help you through it.
Your family will gradually “catch on” to your new plan and may want to follow in your footsteps. As you learn to start shopping and cooking healthier, you will be helping everyone in your household. You can find my next weight loss post on my mom blog. Check it out and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear about your weight loss journey!
Weight Watchers works because it’s not a diet. You’ll learn how to eat right and live healthy. You can choose between two convenient options to learn how to lose weight and keep it off. At meetings, you’ll find out all the latest information on eating right and living healthy, plus you’ll get the guidance you need to succeed and stay on track. Weight Watchers Online is a customized online weight loss plan that you follow step-by step completely online – manage your results at your own pace, on your own time. Choose the option that’s right for you and start today!
“People following the Weight Watchers plan can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week.”