Even though Halloween is still a few months away, I love getting ready for Halloween crafts ahead of time so I can go ahead and start collecting the supplies I need.
Mummies are creepy and cool at the same time, and they are a lot of fun to make!
Photo Credit: www.whilehewasnapping.com
Here’s what you will need:
- Glass canning jars (I always see a ton at our local Goodwill/thrift store)
- Medical gauze
- Mod podge or other crafting glue
- Googly eyes
Now for the instructions:
- Pick a jar. For an older child or an adult, I would use a pickle jar. For a smaller child, I would use a baby food jar. Wash and dry your jars well, making sure to remove any outside labels.
- Coat the surface of the jar. Use your paintbrush to coat the surface of the jar with mod podge or the crafting glue of your choice. You do not want to put too much, but you do not want to put too little, either.
- Wrap it up! Begin to wrap your jar with the medical gauze, starting from the bottom and working your way up. Make sure you add more mod podge in between the layers of gauze. You can stop when you get to the top, or you can add another extra layer.
- Seal it in. Once you have wrapped your jar in gauze, use the paintbrush to add another layer on top of the gauze, adding extra mod podge over the parts of the jar that are layered with multiple layers of gauze. You want to make sure everything is stuck down and together so it doesn’t unravel.
- Lastly, add your googly eyes. Use some more mod podge to add your googly eyes to the jar to complete your mummy. If you are feeling adventurous, add a battery-powered tea light candle inside so your jar glows!
Top Photo Credit: www.scriptbakerun.com